We’ve all been there. You pull into your driveway and notice that your roof has seen better days. You know it is time to replace it, but you don’t know what materials are best for your Long Beach home, or who is the best roofing company in Long Beach. There are so many companies out there to choose from, and Semper Solaris is one of the best. We are here to help you learn about your options, see what roofing materials are available, and what is best for your home and your budget!
What materials are best for my Long Beach home?
Most consumers today are great at researching for themselves. We would like to help offer a concise list of what materials are available to you no matter what roofing company in Long Beach you decide to use. Since Long Beach has great weather, you have many options to choose from for roof replacement for your home.
- Asphalt shingles are the easiest and usually the cheapest option. They go on quickly, which means you save money on labor costs.
- There are many color and style options to choose from, so you can easily fit the existing exterior of your home.
- Asphalt shingles come in different thicknesses as well.
- simple three-tab shingle
- thicker architectural
- traditional wood shingle
- most expensive multi-arch shingle
One thing to keep in mind is that asphalt shingles can transfer heat down into your home, so consider installing a lighter colored shingle. This simple choice can decrease your cooling bill by 10-15%! So if you use asphalt for your roof replacement in Long Beach, remember you can save money with a lighter color!
- Metal roofing has become more prevalent in recent years, especially in areas of southern California that are prone to fires. They come in aluminum, copper, and alloy strips. You also have the option of various shapes and textures to add interest and curb appeal.
- They reflect the sun’s rays, so your home can be more relaxed in the summer
- A metal roof can last 50-100 year; some come with a lifetime warranty
- They release any heat gained during the day more quickly than other materials, so your home cools down quickly at night
- They can cost more upfront, but you gain that money back over time with energy savings, the longevity of the metal roof, and lower maintenance costs.
- Can be installed over an existing roof, so this can save you money in installation
- The cost can be prohibitive for some consumers
- Consider the reflective properties of metal and look into a stone coated steel roof
- Can be loud in the rain
- For a more natural product/look, consider one of the above materials.
These materials can last up to 100 years, are fireproof, windproof, they circulate air well, and can withstand earthquakes. Clay and concrete tiles can be dyed or painted to match your home’s aesthetic. They are great for warm and dry climates!
It is worth mentioning that these materials are heavy, so you may need to upgrade your roof support structure to support them. We can let you know when we evaluate your existing structure if you will have to.
We hope this information helps when you call to schedule an appointment with Semper Solaris! Remember to mention to our expert roofing installers if you are considering solar panels in the future. We are the best solar roofing company in Long Beach, and we can assist you in preparing your new roof for solar as well! Call us today for a free evaluation and estimate!