Researching solar panels from the best solar company in Lemon Grove can lead to serious questions. One question you may not think about is: what kind of maintenance and upkeep will your new solar panels require? At Semper Solaris, we won’t keep you in the dark!
Here is a checklist to help you care for your solar panels. This list will help your panels perform at their peak capacity year ‘round. At any time you find that your panels need maintenance beyond cleaning, call Semper Solaris. Taking care of your panels requires little time, but the benefits are worth it!
Importance of Cleaning Solar Panels
Solar panels are very durable, and solar panel installation in Lemon Grove is a smart investment. They pay for themselves very quickly, so you want to take good care of that investment. Typically panels can exceed their average lifespan of 25 years and with a little TLC yours could last up to 40 years.
I had my panels installed with the best solar installation in Lemon Grove — Semper Solaris! What do I need to do to take care of them? How does dirt build-up affect my panels?
Well, dirty panels can reduce your panel efficiency by 25%. That is quite a loss, and that’s the energy you could be powering your home with!
Cleaning your panels is easy. It only needs to be done once or twice a year, depending on your local environments, such as close proximity to freeways or dusty areas like fields. If you have an exceptionally windy day, take a peek at them and make sure they are clear from debris. In especially dirty areas, some homeowners find they need to clean their panels every three to four months. Keep that in mind if you notice a drop in your panels’ productivity.
How do I clean them?
If your panels are on your roof, consider calling a professional to clean them. As your solar company in Lemon Grove, we can come to provide a cleaning service, and maintenance check on your panels-just give us a call!
If your panels are easily accessible and safe for you to access, you can clean them yourself. Here are some tips for safely cleaning your panels:
- Clean them in the morning or the evening or even on an overcast day. If it is too hot, the water and cleanser will dry too quickly, leaving streaks and residue, which will decrease their ability to create power.
- Make sure you use a biodegradable and solar panel safe cleanser so that you don’t damage your panels or your plants!
- Use a soft sponge or brush and scrub gently in small, circular motions. Do not use abrasives or harsh cleansers!
- If you have hard water, do a final rinse with soft water to prevent calcium build-up.
- Use a soft towel or a squeegee to dry the panels to avoid streaks!
- You can also have us install a monitoring system to keep track of the energy produced from your panels. If you notice a drop in production, it may be time to clean your panels!
At Semper Solaris, we know your investment in solar is important to you. We want you to be happy with your panels and taking care of them is the best way to ensure the longevity of your solar system!