Roofing Inspection and Repair
Your roof is one of the most expensive parts of your home. Why not take care of it? A roofing inspection and repair can ensure a long-lasting roof for you and your family. But a roof that needs frequent repairs may need more than an inspection and repair, it may need to be replaced. Replacing the roof on your home increases your curb appeal, the value of your home and gives you peace of mind. Plus, a new roof (whether or not you install solar, too) can improve energy efficiency, drastically decreasing the cost of your utility bills! Call your local roofing contractor today!
Semper Solaris Services
Roofing Technology: The Roofs of the Future Are Here
Our roofing installation is covered by Owens Corning. Owens Corning is one of the best roofing manufacturers in California and we are Owens Corning Platinum Preferred Contractors. With up to 50 Year Platinum Warranty, we make roofs to last.
Roofing System Terminology
Your roof protects your most important investment – your home. Here are all the components of a high-quality roofing system, including some of the main parts we mentioned above:
- Deck: The structural base of the roof, which is usually made of wood.
- Underlayment: The protective material between the deck and shingles.
- Eave: The lower border of the roof that overhangs the wall.
- Rake: The outer edge of the roof.
- Flashing: The intersection of two roof planes.
- Ridge: The horizontal peak formed from the intersection of two roof planes.
- Exposure: The portion of each shingle exposed to nature’s elements.
- Ice & water barrier: Waterproofing material used to protect from ice and rain.
- Metal drip edge: A strip of non-corrosive metal to help water runoff.
- Valley: An intersection of two, sloping roofs, joined at an angle, which provides water runoff.
- Off-ridge exhaust vent: The vent that allows warm air to escape the attic, which is usually located on the upper half of the roof.
- Ridge vent: The vent on the peak of the roof, that allows warm air to escape from the attic.
- Undereave vent: The vent that draws cool air into the attic, which is located under the eaves.
Richard's Roofing Review
Install A Cool Roof
Pick Your Shingle
Your roof can have a significant impact on the look, value and comfort of your home.
Frequently Asked Questions About Roofing
We have provided answers to some of the questions we get asked the most about roofing. This is a selection of some of the most common questions about roofing, if you can’t find the answer you’re looking for here then try our Frequently Asked Questions page.
- What does it mean to be an Owens Corning Platinum Roofing Preferred Contractor?
It means we’re in a very select group of contractors. We’re 1-in-500 in the nation. We offer some of the best warranties in roofing including a 50-year workmanship warranty on all Owens-Corning projects that we install and a lifetime warranty on their materials.
- How long does a roofing project usually take?
It varies, but for most houses, we’ll be in and out within 3-4 days. If you have a big house, it’s going to take longer. 3-4 days is a pretty good average time for a roofing project.
- What goes into a roof system for California residents?
A durable roof is made of more than just shingles. Protecting your home requires a complete roofing system that creates a waterproof barrier, defends against nature’s elements, and provides proper ventilation. In California, homeowners need to think about the extra heat and sun exposure, too.
Your total roof system needs to consist of barriers, underlayment, starter shingles, hip and ridge shingles, ventilation products, and insulation. In order to prevent leaks, you need to start with the right underlayment.
Water barrier products, such as the Owens Corning Weather Lock, protect your new roof from wind, rain, and other elements, while barriers and underlayment stop moisture and mold from seeping through your roof. For added quality, synthetic material like Owens Corning ProArmour with Fusion Back Coating Technology is stronger than traditional felt underlayment, reducing the chance of tears and leaks.
- Can I get a new roof if I already have solar panels installed?
The great thing about working with Semper is we’re a solar contractor, and we’re a roofing contractor. A majority of systems we can remove and reinstall for you without getting anyone else involved.
- Is it a good idea to install solar and roofing at the same time?
It’s a fantastic time to do that. The warranty periods are about the same. We have a 50-year warranty on most of our roof systems 25-year warranty on the solar. It’s great to start them at the same time.