The expansion of clean energy grows as an innovative solution to energy needs in the United States.
Solar panel systems are becoming an energy source that plays a revolutionary role in meeting energy needs, which has fueled their rapid growth in the United States. According to SEIA (Solar Energy Industries Association), the solar market has not stopped growing since it doubled in 2016.
Solar battery storage is playing a leading role in the advancement of solar energy. States that promote solar panels and solar battery storage will lead to an unmistakable solar industry trend.
What is the last?
- SEIA has presented an ambitious vision for expanding clean energy in the US to the 117th US Congress.
- Aware that a new administration will take over in 2021, SEIA recently adjusted its vision for clean energy policies to help solar have at least 20% of generation by 2030 and accelerate the transition to a clean energy economy.
- SEIA, through one of its directors, announced on October 29, 2020, that Arkansas Group joins the National Solar Trade Association to strengthen solar defense in the southeast. Now the Arkansas Advanced Energy Association (AAEA) is an official state affiliate of SEIA.
- If you want to be part of this growth, you can participate in SEIA’s Solar Goes Corporate. In this forum, buyers and suppliers of clean energy converge, designed to discuss how companies can effectively invest, acquire, and implement clean energy technologies such as solar energy and batteries’ storage.
- The solar energy boom has brought with it the emergence of other renewable technology such as solar batteries capable of storing additional solar energy for later use. In this sense, companies like Tesla develop batteries combined with solar panels to create “solar + storage” systems for domestic and industrial use.
Get an informative summary of the basics of solar + storage and SEIA’s role by clicking on the following link: Solar + Storage.
We invite you to read on to learn more about clean energy and determine if you should consider installing a solar plus storage system for your home.
Keep in mind that the cost of solar energy has been falling across the country.
Why Choose Solar + Storage?
To consider why you may choose to install a Solar + Battery Storage system in your home, you must first understand how a solar PV system like the standard home works.
The standard of a solar energy system includes:
- Solar panels,
- A kit to mount the panels on your ceiling,
- An inverter,
- A performance monitoring system that tracks electricity production.
Solar panels concentrate energy from the sun and transform it into electricity, which passes through the inverter and is converted into energy used to power your home.
By solar policy, residential solar energy systems must be connected to the electricity grid. This allows the exchange of energy. When your panels make more electricity than your home requires, the excess travels to the power grid. On the contrary, when your solar panels cannot supply your home’s electricity demand, you can obtain energy from the electrical grid.
Also, by solar polity, you will receive a credit on your electricity bill for helping the utility company by delivering excess power to the grid. Of needing more electricity than your solar panels can generate, you can use those credits instead of paying more for your utility. This process is known as net metering.
In all this, the plus is given by the batteries. Solar politics energy storage can smooth electricity prices through arbitrage. It can also mitigate reduction risk, manage nighttime power ramps, provide black start capability, provide backup power, and more.
Many solar energy companies like the California Solar Company see storage as a business growth opportunity. They see solar system owners as their allies. This is due to solar politics and to the fact that to achieve 20% of the total electricity generation that the solar industry is targeting, it relies heavily on cost-effective integration of storage.
How Is The Storage Of Solar Batteries?
The function of solar batteries is to store the energy produced by your solar panels for later use. According to technology, there are solar batteries that come with their inverter and offer integrated energy conversion. The storage is directly proportional; the greater your battery’s capacity, the greater its electrical energy storage capacity.
At Semper Solaris, a California Solar Panel installation company, they recommend always installing a solar battery as part of your solar panel system, as that allows you to store excess solar electricity in your home rather than send it back to the grid.
If your solar panels make much more electricity than required, the excess energy is deposited in the battery. That will decrease the energy exchange with the grid. It will only send electricity to the grid when the battery is 100% charged, and it will only receive electricity from the grid when the battery is low.
As you can see, houses with solar energy plus storage will be able to store excess energy for use when in contingency or when the sun doesn’t shine. They have the additional benefit of having short-term backup power in the event of failures in the public service network.
Installing A Solar Battery In Your House Is An Opportunity?
SEIA is firmly supporting the creation and improvements of an Investment Tax Credit (ITC) for energy storage; it is part of what it has submitted to Congress.
Installing a solar battery is synonymous with saving money, which largely depends on solar politics and how the utility company compensates you for your solar energy. With full net metering, you typically receive credits on your electricity bill for every kilowatt-hour of electricity your solar panels produce, so you don’t use them right away. However, it may not be so.
The trend is for a solar battery to help improve the economy with solar panels for your home or business. Solar battery storage can help you save more, as long as your solar energy supplies your electricity demand. But if the utility company has times of use rates or demand charges or simply does not offer net metering. Not only that, Solar Panels and Battery Storage can help with Sleep Apnea and CPAP Machines even when the electricity goes out.
How Does Solar Grid Storage Fit Into The Broader Electrical Ecosystem?
Solar batteries and other energy storage technologies are set to become a market of around $ 2.5 billion in the United States by 2020-2021.
Why is Energy Storage Expected to Grow so Fast?
For the benefits that solar battery storage offer to their owners, such as those of homes, that is:
- Renewable electricity storage capacity for later use,
- Ease of application on a larger scale for the entire electrical network.
- Depending on the technology, they provide more flexibility in the generation and use of electricity, mainly from solar and wind energy.
Utilities have a complex task. They need to provide their customers with a reliable and quality service. To do this, they must ensure that they have enough electricity on the grid to meet demand. Otherwise, there can be fluctuations in service and even have dissatisfied customers from experiencing blackouts.
For increasing solar battery storage, incentives are needed in that direction. This will help network and utility operators manage their electricity flow operations from renewable resources with more flexibility. In the long term, it means there will be more renewable energy resources built into our nation’s electricity mix, where home solar panel systems will be a major stronghold.