In 2015, the program for solar in Riverside, California was developed. It makes it possible for owners of properties in Riverside to install solar without spending money, and at the same time, receive incentives in the form of cash amounting to $2,000. The County of Riverside is an excellent location to make use of free energy that the sun provides every day.
The program has been created to increase the rise of renewable energy throughout the location and to reward owners of properties that declare energy independence. The solar program in Riverside is structured in three phases, and as each goal is reached, incentives will be paid. Since the program is presently in the first phase, any resident that signs up will get a payment of about $2,000.
- Phase 1: To generate 250,000 watts in about 50 homes ($2,000)
- Phase 2: Is made up of 500,000 watts for 100 homes ($1,500)
- Phase 3: A payment of $0.20 per watt for all remaining participants
Importance of the solar program at Riverside
- Make use of solar energy without paying any money upfront
- Not required to have a credit score
- Get rid of your electricity bill and pay less than you’re currently paying for electricity
- Get a cash-back incentive of $2,000
- Receive a federal tax credit of 30 percent if you purchase the system
- It has flexible financing options
- For those who make us of PACE to finance, they don’t need a credit score
Even though the program has expired, other incentives are still available such as the extension of the federal tax credit. In 2019, the average cost of installing solar panels for residential homes in Riverside is $3.63 per watt, lower than the natural average of $6 per watt.
Installing solar energy in Riverside
Learn the process
Before beginning the process, you need to understand your new monthly energy requirements, then you can consider the amount of power you’ll need with solar. Contact the best solar company in Riverside, Semper Solaris, for further advice.
What is your energy efficiency?
By being aware of your energy usage, you can reduce your electricity bill. At Semper Solaris, we can provide you with an overview of the energy usage of your house over time.
Know the basics of solar
For solar panel installation in Riverside, you need to learn about the entire process. You should know how it works, how much it’ll cost, the future of solar energy, basic laws regarding solar, and the advantages.
Semper Solaris offers the best solar installation services in Riverside. It was founded by a veteran of the Marine Corps. This company prides itself on taking the time to assist clients in understanding how solar electricity works and how to select the perfect system.
After you’ve made the decision to make use of solar energy, you will want to understand monitoring, metering, and general maintenance. All these will be part of your decision-making process. By monitoring the production of solar energy, you’ll be sure that you’re getting the expected value.