Choosing the right HVAC contractor can be overwhelming. Let’s keep it simple. Here are our top 10 factors you should consider when choosing a contractor.
Semper Solaris is a locally owned and operated company, and we are known throughout the San Diego area for our stellar service in solar panel installation and roofing. We have made the leap into heating and air conditioning services in Escondido because we see how well an excellent and efficient air conditioner system can pair with solar panels to help you become independent from the grid!
Searching for a reputable HVAC contractor can be stressful because you want someone honest, clean, and hard-working. So today, we want to offer some tips on how to look for the best contractor for your heating and air conditioning installation in Escondido!
How to choose the right heating and air conditioning contractor:
- Ask your friends, neighbors, colleagues, and family members for referrals
- Make sure you check that they have proper licensing and certificates to install the equipment. Look for a license number on their website. The state of California has strict licensing requirements for all HVAC contractors.
- Look at their customer ratings online. Do most customers have a pleasant experience or are there more bad reviews than good?
- An honest installer will go over all contracts with you and make sure you get all of your warranty information and a copy of the agreement for your files.
- Get in writing what dates they plan on working and when the project will be finished.
- Ask about any federal, state, or local rebates available to you
- Ask about the payment schedule, and when you need to make the first payment toward the work. Generally, you will make a deposit and pay the balance toward the end.
- Your contractor will know what HVAC units are available on the market and should be able to offer you information about what models will fit your home and lifestyle best. Remember that they may have insider information on models that have more problems than other ones, so it is a good idea to listen if they try to steer you away from a model you liked.
- Don’t be afraid to ask about special offers and coupons! Many companies offer them.
- When you schedule an appointment with your potential contractor, they should inspect your home, including the old air conditioning and heating unit, as well as your attic space so they can look at your ducting to make sure it’s in good shape.
The right contractor will not try to upsell you by encouraging you to buy an air conditioner that is too big for your needs!