Investing in solar panels is a big step. While the promise of having control over your utility bills is tantalizing, the last thing you want is a massive maintenance job on your hands. So what’s the hard-hitting truth? Will solar panels require a lot of maintenance once you get a system installed?
Generally speaking, you can expect very minimal maintenance requirements for a home solar panel system. With the average lifespan of a system ranging between 25 and 30 years, panels are designed to be very durable and resilient against the elements.
To enhance the performance of your solar panels, you can expect to simply wash and clean off any dirt / dust several times a year. By taking small steps, you can ensure that your panels are able to capitalize on the power of the sun as much as possible to power your energy needs.
Tips for Keeping Your Panels Clean
- Clear any large debris, such as leaves or branches, as soon as possible to avoid damage
- Remove dust and dirt from panel faces with a garden hose
- Aim to clean panels in early morning or late afternoon, when panels are least hot – spraying cool water onto the panels when at high temperatures could result in damage
- Consider installing a cleaning system to ensure regular cleaning (similar to yard sprinklers)
- Schedule a solar panel cleaning with your solar panel provider or a local expert if areas are too high / dangerous to reach
Why Solar Panels Offer Peace of Mind
As a Semper Solaris customer, you can be confident we use the best quality solar panels from the top manufacturers around. Their 25-year warranty is unmatched by any other solar panel manufacturer on the market. Every system is completely designed, engineered, and manufactured by Panasonic, SolarWorld, and Silfab, making them the most efficient and reliable panels available. You can expect greater power and greater savings.
More than that, you can expect durability for limited repairs and solar power maintenance. In fact, the whole Equinox system (not just the panels) is covered by their 25-year warranty – that includes performance, labor, and parts. Repair or replacement of defective panels is provided to customers are absolutely no extra cost, without the burdensome requirement of a written claim or proof of purchase. Maintenance of your solar panels never looked so easy!
Semper Solaris wants to make going solar simple. Maintenance isn’t something that should hold you back – if you want to learn more about finding a professional who can install and maintain your solar panels for optimal performance, reach out to our team today!