Glendale, CA, is a unique Los Angeles suburb with many homes built in the early to mid 20th century. At Semper Solaris, we understand that Glendale residents appreciate the diverse community they live in. So when you call us, you can trust we will make sure the new roof we install for you suits your style and your budget while still offering our customers the best quality products available on the market. We are a locally owned and operated company, so we understand the unique needs in Glendale.
Your home’s roof is the most crucial element. It protects you from the hot summers, and also from the rainy season, the winds, and even the occasional hail storms that like to come. If you are considering replacing your roof, or if you think you may need some spots repaired, give us a call.
When to Replace your Roof in Glendale
There are some common signs that it may be time for a service call:
- The first place to check is your attic and the eaves. Look for staining, streaks, or rotted wood. You may also see the light coming through into the attic if there are terrible spots of wear on the shingles.
- Pull out your previous roof warranty paperwork if you have it. If your roof is between 10-15 years old, likely, your roof is still repairable!
- If your roof is older than 20 years, it may be time to consider a full roof replacement if you see these signs:
- Curled, dry-looking, or buckling shingles
- Cracked, warped, or peeling flashing around vents, chimney, and roofline
- Bare spots on shingles where the granules have washed away
- Granules on walkways/gutters after a rain
- If you have roof vents, make sure they are functioning correctly. A roof that is not venting properly can increase the wear on it because it retains too much heat.
- If you have noticed your neighbors replacing their roofs in the last few years and you know yours went on about the same time, it may be time to have a proper inspection done.
If you notice any of these problems, do not panic! Sometimes it can be a simple repair that is not too costly. We can give you an honest and fair estimate for the repairs and get started, so you have peace of mind.
If you are not comfortable inspecting your own roof, please do not hesitate to call us. We can have a certified technician come and evaluate your roof for you. The best time to call us for service is when you first notice any of the above problems, so do not wait.
Best Roofing Materials To Use In Glendale
What are the best types of materials for roofing in Glendale?
There are many options on the market today! Since Glendale, CA has some pretty hot summer temperatures; you might consider installing a more energy-efficient option. Choosing a lighter colored material can save you 10-15 percent on your air conditioning bill because your roof will retain less heat. Darker materials absorb more heat, which in turn makes your home hotter in the summer.
Suitable materials that can equal energy savings for you:
- Asphalt: one of the cheapest materials available. It comes in multiple colors.
- Slate: more expensive option, but lasts a long time and is good at keeping your home cooler.
- Metal roofing: can last 50 plus years! There are many options for texture and color.
- Clay or concrete: a great opportunity that comes in several different colors.
Semper Solaris is one of the few Platinum Preferred Contractors for Owens Corning roofing materials. This is not an easy title to earn! What this means for you is that your roof is guaranteed for 50 years and that we are the certified roofers to install it!
For detailed information on roofing materials, visit this page. Let our experienced and highly skilled team help you find and install the best roof for your home. We also provide repairs!
Book an appointment or call us today! Don’t forget to check out our coupons!
Find Semper Solaris in Your Community:
San Diego Solar, Roofing, Heating & AC Company
964 Fifth Ave #510,
San Diego, CA 92101