More and more homeowners are looking into adding solar panels to reduce their environmental impact while lowering their monthly utility bills. As you consider the options available to provide power to your home, solar energy should be at the top of your list. This clean energy source is abundantly available, especially in the Southern California area, contributes to economic growth, and can become your long-term energy solution. Here are a few reasons you should add solar panels to your home.
- There is more potential in solar energy than we could ever possibly use. Even with more than seven billion people on Earth, the sun delivers more energy to our planet in one hour than all of humanity uses in an entire year.
- On average, the Earth receives a constant estimated 1,366 watts of direct solar radiation per square meter. That’s enough energy to power over 20 light bulbs for an hour.
- Even more impressive than how much energy the sun delivers in an hour—the sun delivers over 173,000 terawatts of solar energy continuously. This means that at any given moment, we receive more than 10,000 times the annual energy use of the entire world.
- In 2015, Congress enacted a bill that extended tax credits to those that invest in solar, whether residential or commercial. This means that more individuals and businesses can afford to invest in solar, and ultimately save money on their energy bills.
- Many companies, including Apple, Intel, Toyota, and Target, have been recognized for their solar installations and amount of solar capacity. These companies and others like them generate enough solar energy to offset around 890,000 metric tons of carbon emissions per year, which can cause serious harm to the environment.
- In 2020, total solar capacity is projected to hit 100 gigawatts, which is more than a 3000% increase in capacity compared to 2010. Not only are many more people installing solar, but it’s also becoming the most sustainable, efficient option.
- Solar panels, the panels that Semper Solaris installs, have produced 60% more energy per square foot than conventional panels in a study over 25 years, making our solar panels some of the best available.
- Solar panels also have a useful life of more than 40 years. This means that these panels still produce at least 70% of their original energy capacity for over 40 years—that’s well into the middle of the century!
Solar is the clear choice if you want energy that won’t run out, benefits the economy and environment, and also benefits you. And if you’re looking for solar power that produces more energy for longer, solar panels installed by Semper Solaris are your best bet. Don’t forget about adding battery storage to take full advantage of your solar panels.
Learn more about adding solar panels to your home by contacting Semper Solaris, one of the leading California solar providers.