Veteran Owned, Inland Empire Roofing Experts
Are you unhappy with your roof? Are you looking for a company that can fix it or put up a new one? Semper Solaris would love to help you with any of your roofing needs. We know in an area like the Inland Empire, it’s important to have a good, stable roof to protect you and your family from the temperatures outside. In Riverside alone, people get an average of 277 sunny days a year. That’s a lot of sunshine beating on your roof all year! It’s important to have a good roof to stay comfortable in your own home.
p>Maybe you are not sure yet if your roof is in need of fixing or replacing. It gets hot in your house, and sure, there might be a shingle or two that aren’t looking so good. How do you know if it’s a minor issue or serious problem? There are a few signs that will show you if you need to or not. It can actually be pretty simple if you know what roofing problems to look out for. You should think about checking your roof for these problems at the start of each season:
- Cracked shingles or tiles
- Curling shingles
- Dark streaks from algae
- Missing shingles or tiles
- Water Spots on your ceiling
If you see any of these warning signs or simply have a roof over 20 years old, Semper Solaris would love to help you decide if a new roof would be best for your home. A Semper Solaris roofing expert will be glad to discuss your concerns, budget, and needs, and help you make the right choice for your home. We will help you decide if you need a new roof or can simply fix the one you have. We do it all, and we do it right.
If you do need a new roof, you will be amazed with the comfort difference once it’s installed. In a hot area like Riverside or San Bernardino, reroofing your house can be a key way of having a comfortable home.
We love serving the people of Inland Empire. We believe that Semper Solar is the best company for roofing repair. We work with top-notch manufacturers like Owens Corning and GAF. If you want quality roofing materials installed by an excellent roofing company, Semper Solaris is a great choice. Our roofing experts will work with you to find the best roofing solution for your family.
Maybe you’re thinking that all of this sounds good but a new roof is not your top priority right now. Or, maybe, you are simply worried about costs. Whatever your reasons, it is important to have all the facts about the benefits of a quality, sturdy roof. We would love to talk to you about this in person some time. For now, here are a few reasons to seriously consider a new roof.
Many people don’t realize how important a great roof is for energy efficiency. According to Energy Star, the key to energy efficient homes is to add insulation for warmth and allow cold air to enter the attic through vents. A new roof will help your indoor temperature be what you want them to be. It can help keep the cold out and the warm in, or it can help your air conditioner do less work. It’s not just to keep rain off your head. Many people assume that in California you don’t need to worry too much about a good roof since we don’t have much, if any snowfall or harsh weather. This is simply not true. A good roof can still really help families in California, particularly in the Inland Empire, maintain comfortable homes that won’t hurt your wallet.
Slash Your Utility Bills with Inland Empire Cool Roof
A new roof can go a long way in saving you money. According to a study done by the U.S. Department of Energy, heating and cooling your home accounts for more than 50% of your utility bills. The sun is one of the largest factors heating your home, especially in California. When the sun is hitting your roof that heat will move inside your home, making it harder for your air conditioner to keep up. Putting a new roof on your home that is reflective and ventilates well will help you keep the cold inside and the heat outside. We have awesome roofing materials that reflect back the sun’s rays, lowering your roof temperature. The lower your roof temperature, the lower your home temperature. Makes sense, right?
If you are more worried about winter weather, there are good reasons to invest in a roof for cold weather, too. An old or damaged roof will add money onto your utility bills in the winter as well. When you have a poorly insulated and leaky roof, you lose heat as hot air rises. Proper insulation and ventilation is an important part of a total roof replacement system. When you invest in high quality, long lasting roofing materials from Semper Solaris you can cut your utility bills for the next 20 years at least. Installing a new roof can last you 20 – 50 years. Imagine how much you can save with decades of lower utility bills when you protect your home with a new roof! Who knows? Maybe you will use the extra savings to take the family on vacation or put in a swimming pool!
This might all sound great to you, but how do you know what kind of roof to get? There are so many options. Once you have decided to get a new roof, choosing what type can be stressful. Semper Solaris is here to walk you through each step in the roofing installation process.
Roof Systems Available
Here are the basic types of roofs:
- Asphalt: One of the most popular shingles. Asphalt shingles are made of fiberglass, asphalt, and ceramic sandwiched together. They are lightweight, easy to install, and budget friendly.Asphalt shingles can last up to 30 year, but may be vulnerable to high winds.
- Tile: Tile roofs are known for their high quality appearance and can last for over 50 years. They stand up to the harshest weather conditions without rot or wind damage. Tile roofs a cost effective and energy efficient choice.
- Wood: Wood shingle and shake roofs are often chosen for their visual appeal. These materials stand up well to wind, but can rot, sell, or mold in wet climates. If you choose wood shingles for your roof system, proper care will extend the life of your roof.
Whatever kind of roof is best for you is what you will get with Semper Solaris. Choosing us as your roofing company means that you will have roofing experts who are after you and your family’s best interests. Along with they type of roof, it is also important to know the parts of a roof system. As we walk you through your roofing installation, you will hear these terms quite a bit. It’s important to us that you know exactly what is going on your home and why.
Here are the basic parts of a roof system:
Your roof is a system of components working together to protect your most important investment — your home.
- Deck: structural base of the roof. Usually made of wood
- Eave: lower border of the roof that overhangs the wall
- Exposure: portion of each shingle exposed to nature’s elements
- Flashing: intersection of two roof planes
- Ice and water barrier: waterproofing material used to protect from ice and rain
- Metal drip edge: strip of noncorrosive metal to help water runoff
- Off-ridge exhaust vent: Allow warm air to escape the attic. Located at on the upper half of the roof.
- Rake: outer edge of the roof
- Ridge: horizontal peak formed from intersection of two roof planes
- Ridge vent: vent on peak of the roof allowing warm air to escape the attic.
- Undereave vent: draws cool air into the attic. Located under the eaves.
- Underlayment: protective material between deck and shingles.
- Valley: provides water runoff. Intersection of two sloping roofs joined at an angle.
Let Us Help You Choose What’s Best for Your Home
Now that you know a little bit about roof repair and replacement, we would love to help you choose what’s best for your home. Semper Solaris loves serving the people of the Inland Empire by installing wonderful new roofs onto your homes. We know that in the summer heat and the winter cold, homes in the Inland Empire need help keeping families comfortable. We believe that our roofing experts can help the Inland Empire go green and save you money. We would love to discuss how our roofing products could benefit you and your family. Give Semper Solaris a call today so we can help you pick the best roof for your home.
Free Quote On A NEW ROOF Call Now!
Eligible for Hero Financing*
Federal Tax Credits available for Installation**
Lower your Air Conditioning Usage by up to 15%
Use products that reflect more of the sun’s rays
Fill out our form for a free quote!
This company did an absolutely wonderful job. I would give 6 stars if I could.
– E. J. // Semper Solaris Customer
Semper Solaris went above and beyond to make sure my wife and I were satisfied customers.
– Roman R. // Semper Solaris Customer
As a Marine I knew that this veteran owned company would provide me outstanding service and they surpassed my expectations.
– B. K. // Semper Solaris Customer