GAME-CHANGING SOLAR PANEL TECHNOLOGY
Solar power is the number one energy alternative to fossil fuels. It is cost-effective, efficient, and it is here to stay. As solar becomes more efficient, innovation and groundbreaking technologies will lead the way to more usability of the power of the sun in appliances and devices and yet unknown applications.
At Semper Solaris, we are always looking for future technologies in solar power that will change our industry and move the line forward in powering the future. We are the best solar company in El Cajon to get you started on your solar power journey.
Solar Panel Technology
If you are considering switching to solar power, you may be interested in some of the new technologies emerging that make panels better overall. From the materials used to methods of light conversion, solar panels are at the forefront of new technology as innovators discover ways to make solar panels more efficient and productive.
The design and aesthetics are also considered as homeowners are interested in the curb appeal of panels and integrating solar into the design and aesthetics of their home. Many new offerings will allow a customized look for solar panel installation in El Cajon.
New Designs Improve Performance and Aesthetics
According to the Office of Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy, “Not all of the sunlight that reaches a PV cell is converted into electricity. Most of it is lost. Multiple factors in solar cell design play roles in limiting a cell’s ability to convert the sunlight it receives. Designing with these factors in mind is how higher efficiencies can be achieved.”
Solar panels produce electricity at a rate of around 15 to 20 percent. Scientists and engineers have been working to improve the efficiency and the amount of sunlight converted from solar cells. Some new technologies have emerged that are game-changers for the solar industry.
- Bifacial Solar Panels
- absorb light from both sides of the panel. One is facing the sun and one collecting light from reflected surfaces. This design improves the efficiency of the panels, allowing more power to be obtained than traditional panels.
- Maxim Integrated Technology
- will change the way solar panels work. The technology increases energy production and more even delivery as well as flexibility in design and placement.
- Clear Solar Panels
- Change the face of the solar industry with a solar film on windows that generate power through the absorbing of Ultraviolet light. This will increase the efficiency of solar energy while keeping the aesthetics of a building intact.
- Solar Roof
- Tiles or shingles are a bit more expensive than traditional panels but can be seamlessly incorporated into the roof and design of the home.
- Solar Skin Design
- “new technology brings designs for a custom look to match your roof to your solar panel system with smart grids that are smaller than traditional panels. A few companies are pioneering this”
- Solar Tracking
- for homes that cannot support rooftop solar, ground-mounted systems on poles now have the option of solar tracking mounts that self-adjust to the sun.
Semper Solaris offers the best solar panel installation in El Cajon with affordable and flexible plans using the very best equipment available. We can help you design a system that is best for your home, whether rooftop or ground-mounted systems or any other available option. We are excited about the advancements in solar panel technology that allow more and more homeowners to realize the dream of solar power in a way that fits their lifestyle and budget.